9 Day Ultimate Family Safari (Botswana)
This is the Ultimate Family Safari. Spend 9 days with your family exploring the best that Botswana has to offer on a family safari.
9 Day Ultimate Family Safari Overview
This family safari Package allows for the family to experience a choice and combination of five of the key ecosystems and environments within Botswana on a fun filled adventure of discovery suited and focused on the specific needs of your family. Your days will be spent on safari exploring the wild, pristine wilderness of Botswana and there are also opportunities to engage culturally with local communities and their children. We have suggested intimate, small and exclusive lodges, allowing for personalized service and attention to detail. The passionate lodge staff are committed to making your dream African family adventure a reality that will be cherished for a lifetime. Your children will not forget this experience!
We realize that every family is unique and different. We want to make it easy and uncomplicated to plan that Ultimate Family Safari experience. Our Family Safari Packages are fully inclusive of Accommodation, all meals and drinks, taxes, park and entrances fees and levies, laundry service, private guide and activities, scheduled charters between camps and can operate to/from Maun and/or Kasane in both directions. Furthermore, each property has a dedicated “Safari Hero”, a staff member in camp, whose attention and function is dedicated to the planning of flexible safari activities and experiences for the family.
We offer a variety of African safaris, including exciting mobile tented safaris that let you experience as much of one country as possible. We can tailor-make the best itinerary to suit you, for example combining a mobile tented safari with other great African highlights, including beach and city destinations. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote on a tailor made safari to suite your specific needs and preferences.
* Please note that a strict luggage allowance of 20 kg per person is applicable for all charter flights as small aircraft are used. Luggage must be in small manageable bags, not suitcases.
DAY 1 – 2: Camp Okavango
On arrival at Maun Airport, one of our representatives will be there to welcome your family to Botswana, present your children (aged 6 to 15) with their special Safari Activity Backpack and assist you on to your charter flight into the heart of the Okavango Delta.
The newly rebuilt Camp Okavango is located on a remote island in the heart of the permanent Okavango Delta. Botswana’s magnificent Okavango Delta is a maze of lagoons, lakes, islands and hidden channels which attract wildlife that depend on the permanent waters of this unique wilderness. The elevated walkways, which lead up and in between the overhanging branches of the rich plant life in this island paradise, are a unique welcome to your first steps, as you approach this incredible camp from the airstrip where you have just landed.
Camp Okavango has a Family Suite consisting of 2 bedrooms both with en-suite bathrooms. This expansive room, which connects through inter-leading doors, is your home for the following two nights as you marvel in the pristine beauty and excitement of experiencing the Okavango Delta at its best. An additional bed can be placed in the family suite to accommodate 2 adults and 3 children.
Days are spent discovering the Okavango Delta on a private activities with your guide. Camp Okavango offers the following activities:
• Guided nature walks conducted by experienced professional guides
• Mokoro (canoe) & motorised boating trips through a variety of tranquil waterways to explore the Okavango
• Exceptional bird watching opportunities
• Fishing for bream and tiger fish (seasonal)
A dedicated staff member, your “Safari Hero”, will plan your stay, activities, meals times, in camp activities, story times and ensure that both you and your children have an incredible stay with us at Camp Okavango.
DAY 3 – 4: Camp Moremi
At the place where the life-giving waters of the Okavango Delta meet the vast plains of the Kalahari Desert, Mother Nature has created a sanctuary of Mopane forests, open grasslands, seasonal floodplains and riverine habitats, resulting in one of the most magnificent and welcoming animal environments in all of Africa. This place, a donation to the world by the Batawana Tribe, in the form of a Game Reserve, will be your sanctuary for the following two nights.
Nestled beneath giant ebony trees, Camp Moremi brings true meaning to the word safari in the Xakanaxa area of the Moremi Game Reserve. 11 Luxurious custom style safari tents and 1 Luxury family suite consisting of two bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, make up Camp Moremi. Families consisting of 3 children, can be accommodated in the family room with the addition of an extra bed in the suite. The 12 tents are all raised on teak platforms, with Camp Moremi accommodating just 24 people.
The elevated Tree House forms the main public area at Camp Moremi, this houses a lounge, library, bar and dining room. Other facilities include a garden Boma area where breakfast and teas are served, curio shop, large grounds, a lookout deck and secluded plunge pool.
Days are spent exploring the paradise of Moremi on private activities with your guide. Camp Moremi and Camp Xakanaxa offer the following activities:
• Activities are centred around tracking big game on morning and afternoon game drives by open 4×4 safari vehicle in the Moremi Game Reserve
• Exploring the Xakanaxa Lagoon and surrounding Okavango channels by motorboat
A dedicated staff member, your “Safari Hero”, will plan your stay, activities, meals times, in camp activities, story times and ensure that both you and your children have an incredible stay with us at Camp Moremi.
DAY 5 – 6: Savuti Safari Lodge
Savute Safari Lodge is situated on the banks of Botswana’s fabled “Stolen River”, the Savute Channel. Stretching from the waterways of the Linyanti all the way to the Savute Marsh, the winding waterways of the Savute Channel have pumped life into the western section of the Chobe National Park for many thousands of generations. However, there is mystery to this channel, this fickle and unpredictable channel has a fascinating history of flooding and drying up independently of good rainy seasons and flood levels elsewhere – a mystery that has intrigued geologists and researchers for many years.
Savute Safari Lodge family suite consists of two bedrooms both with en-suite bathrooms. Families consisting of 3 children, can be accommodated in the family room with the addition of an extra bed in the suite.
The main lodge area offers a lounge, dining room, secluded library, bar, plunge pool and most meals are served on an elevated deck which looks out over the Savute channel and the waterholes which are a magnet to animals which come to quench their dry Savute thirst. The area is renowned for its population of bull elephant and for the unique interaction of the resident predator species.
Your time at Savute Safari Lodge is spent on private game drive activities with your guide. Savute Safari Lodge offers the following activities:
• Activities are centred around game drives throughout the Savute area in open 4×4 safari vehicles
• Families can also enjoy a visit to the ancient San rock paintings at Gubatsa Hills, a small hilly outcrop which forms a remarkable landmark in the otherwise flat landscape. (visits to these painting at times when predators are known to be denning near these hills will restrict this activity)
A dedicated staff member, your “Safari Hero”, will plan your stay, activities, meals times, in camp activities, story times and ensure that both you and your children have an incredible stay with us at Savute Safari Lodge.
DAY 7 – 8: Chobe Game Lodge
Home to the most incredible herds of elephant on the planet, Chobe National Park has its northern boundary along the Chobe River. Within this National Park, Chobe Game Lodge offers the only experience where direct access from the lodge into the park is possible.
The Chobe National Park riverfront is quite simply one of the most impressive safari experiences in Africa. Chobe Game Lodge is the only lodge in the Chobe National Park situated on the magnificent Chobe River. This alone makes it a first-choice destination for that once-in-a-lifetime family safari experience.
The accommodation at Chobe Game Lodge is comprised of 42 twin/double rooms, four luxury private suites and one family unit. Rooms are all newly expanded and refurbished, river-facing, with spacious decks and air-conditioning, as well as a complimentary mini-bar.
There are seven inter-leading rooms, ideal for friends and families travelling together. The main lodge area offers various places where dining is offered, two bars, many lounges, a curio shop, and swimming pool. Out the front of the lodge an elevated boardwalk leads along the river to the “Chobe Deck Of Fame” which overlooks the vast floodplains known as Water cart. At certain times of the year, these floodplains are visited by hundreds and at times thousands of elephant, offering quite possibly the best elephant viewing experience in the world.
Your time at Chobe Game Lodge is spent exploring this incredible area by vehicle and boat on private activities with your guide. Chobe Game Lodge offers the following activities:
• Early morning, mid-morning or late afternoon game drives. (Depending on availability, you might even experience this activity on a silent safari – electric 4 x 4 vehicles adapted for safari activities)
• Mid-morning, lunch and or afternoon boat cruises (Depending on availability, you might even experience one of these activities on either a fully solar powered or electric powered boat, a first in Africa!)
A dedicated staff member, your “Safari Hero”, will plan your stay, activities, meals times, in camp activities, story times and ensure that both you and your children have an incredible stay with us at Chobe Game Lodge.
DAY 9: Departure
A transfer to Maun airport is included for those departing on scheduled flights from Maun.Remember that this safari can also start at Maun and end at Kasane (Chobe) or vice versa.
|START MAUN – END MAUN||HIGH SEASON
1 July – 31 October
1 April – 30 June / Nov
1 Jan – 31 March / Dec
|Children 12 – 15 years||6708||5290||4555|
|Children 6 – 11 years||5053||4108||3618|
|START MAUN – END KASANE||HIGH SEASON
1 July – 31 October
1 April – 30 June / Nov
1 Dec – 31 March
|Children 12 – 15 years||6894||5477||4742|
|Children 6 – 11 years||5239||4294||3804|
|START KASANE – END KASANE||HIGH SEASON
1 July – 31 October
1 April – 30 June / Nov
1 Dec – 31 March
|Children 12 – 15 years||7080||5663||4928|
|Children 6 – 11 years||5425||4355||3990|
• 8 night’s accommodation on a fully inclusive basis
• All meals, soft drinks and local brand beverages
• Private activities throughout the safari
• National Park entrance fees
• Charter flights & domestic airport departure taxes
• Activity back pack for each child (Ages 6 to 15 only)
• Laundry services
• Dedicated family host per camp to assist with planning of meals and activities
• Adapted in camp activities for the Children/Family members
• Emergency medical evacuation cover included
• Meals other than specified
• Premium brand drinks
• Sightseeing and activities other than specified
• Visa fees
• Travel insurance
• International flights & airport taxes
Terms & Conditions
• The Ultimate Family Safari Packages can be booked for families with a minimum of 3 or more family members travelling together.
• A strict luggage allowance of 20 kg per person is applicable for all charter flights as small aircraft are used. Luggage must be in small manageable bags, not suitcases.
• Price is per person sharing
• Subject to availability
• Offer valid for travel until 31 Dec 2017
• Rates are subject to change without prior notice
• Rates are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) @ 12%
• Water activities are water level permitted
• Government rates and levies are subject to change without prior notice