Best Of Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe offers some of the most untouched and diverse wilderness areas in Southern Africa. The Best of Zimbabwe tour takes you through the vast areas of wilderness of Mana Pools, to premier lake-side lodging on the banks of Lake Kariba, followed by a visit to Zimbabwe’s largest game reserve, Hwange National Park, and cumulating in a visit to the World Famous Victoria Falls.
Best Of Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe offers some of the most untouched and diverse wilderness areas in Southern Africa. The Best of Zimbabwe tour takes you through the vast areas of wilderness of Mana Pools, to premier lake-side lodging on the banks of Lake Kariba, followed by a visit to Zimbabwe’s largest game reserve, Hwange National Park, and culminating in a visit to the World Famous Victoria Falls. Few places in Africa can offer this diversity of experience which when combined with the famous hospitality and friendliness of the Zimbabwe people will leave you with life-long memories.
What To Expect:
Zimbabwe offers some of the most untouched and diverse wilderness areas in Southern Africa. The Best of Zimbabwe tour takes you through the vast areas of wilderness of Mana Pools, to premier lake-side lodging on the banks of Lake Kariba, followed by a visit to Zimbabwe’s largest game reserve, Hwange National Park, and cumulating in a visit to the World Famous Victoria Falls. Few places in Africa can offer this diversity of experience which when combined with the famous hospitality and friendliness of the Zimbabwe people will leave you with life-long memories.
Ideal Duration: 11 Days
3 Nights In Mana Pools
Mana Pools has been designated as a World Heritage Site based on its vast areas of natural beauty and diversity of wildlife, bird species and aquatic life. The eastern flow of the mighty Zambezi River over thousands of years has resulted in seasonal ponds and pools spread over several hundred square kilometers of ponds and pools providing a theater of wildlife attracted by the abundance of water and grazing during the hot African summers.
- One of Zimbabwe’s largest concentration of wildlife with estimated populations of over 16000 buffalo and 12000 elephant.
- 350 recorded species of birds providing amazing opportunities for rare sightings for the
- Over 2000 square kilometers of wildlife protected area.
- A World Heritage Site.
- Bio-Sphere reserve- One of the world’s wildest and preserved natural ecological areas.
- Unique game viewing and game walks in the diverse surroundings.
- The stunning beauty of the Zambezi River allowing slow drifts in either canoes or cruise boats whilst absorbing the abundance of pure un-spoilt nature.
We recommend you stay at Little Ruckomechi
Situated on a large private concession in the heart of the Zambezi Valley’s Mana Pools National Park, Ruckomechi looks out from the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. It is a remote, beautiful place with spectacular views of the broad flowing river, adjoining well-defined tree canopy and the mountains of the Rift Valley escarpment over the border in Zambia.
2 Nights on Lake Kariba
Built in the 1950’s Lake Kariba covers an area of over 5000 square kilometers, and is the worlds largest man made lake by volume. Home of the mythical river god, Nyami Nyami, the lake is a place of incredible beauty, abundant wildlife and with the call of the Fish Eagle in the distance, a cruise along the lake shore provides amazing viewing of the Hippo and Crocodiles wallowing in the water while the animals venture down to the lakeside to graze and drink.
- Over 5000 square kilometers of water wilderness
- Teeming herds of game grazing on the lake-shore.
- A chance to catch the famous tiger fish
- Leisurely sunset cruises along the lake shore, or game drives into the National Parks
We recommend you stay at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge
Bumi Hills offers guests a multitude of ways for guests to explore Lake Kariba and its surrounds. Spend your days cruising the lake in a private boat, taking in the gorgeous vista’s and incredible shows of light and try your hand a catching a tiger fish. Go on a scenic lakeside walking safari or a walking adventure deeper into the bush to search for fossilized dinosaur footprints or go on a game drive in search of the Matusadona lions.
2 Nights in Hwange National Park
Hwange National Park is the largest Park in Zimbabwe occupying roughly 14 650 square kilometers. It is located in the northwest corner of the country about one hour south of the Mighty Victoria Falls. Hwange boasts of a wide selection of wildlife with over 100 species of mammals, and nearly 400 bird species, and one of the largest elephant populations in the world. Luxury lodges and superb game experiences without the crowds.
- Largest National Park in Zimbabwe occupying over 14,500 square kilometers.
- One of the largest populations of elephant in the world.
- Game Walks and drives to view the over 100 species of mammals and nearly 400 species of birds.
We recommend you stay at Little Makalolo Camp
Little Makalolo lies in the heart of one of the best game viewing areas in Hwange National Park. Overlooking a vibrant waterhole, it offers privacy for guests who enjoy small camps and a sense of remoteness. The camp’s six traditional-style tents – including a family unit – are spacious and en-suite, with indoor and outdoor showers. Solar power is used for tent lights and to heat water, ensuring a lighter environmental footprint.
2 Nights in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe
Long before the Victoria Falls were discovered and named by the missionary David Livingstone in 1855, the local inhabitants knew it as “Mosi oa-Tunya” (“the smoke that thunders”). Livingstone was so amazed with the sighting that he recorded in his journal “It has never been seen before by European eyes, but scenes so wonderful must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight”. The Victoria Falls are one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Join safari-lovers from around the globe who flock to Zimbabwe every year to awaken their sense of adventure and marvel at the 354ft sheet of flowing water.
- A historic guided tour of the Victoria Falls
- A leisurely sunset or dinner cruise on the mighty Zambezi River above the falls.
- A Game drive or walk in the Zambezi National Park, along the Zambezi River.
- A scenic helicopter flight above the Falls, very aptly named “the flight of the angels”.
- An Immersive and interactive cooking experience combined with nature.
- A variety of adrenalin experiences including a 111 meter bungee jump off the famous Victoria Falls Bridge, or rafting below the Victoria Falls, which is commonly recognized as the best Grade 5 white water rafting in the World.
- The wonderful hospitality of the people of Zimbabwe.
We recommend you stay at Victoria Falls Hotel
One of the world’s Classic five-star hotels commands prime location overlooking Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, an acclaimed Natural Wonder of the World. A proud member of Leading Hotels of the World, the Edwardian-style hotel, built in 1904, was splendidly redecorated in 2013 to combine its traditional majesty with modern sophistication. For more than 110 years The Victoria Falls Hotel has been a luxury icon in Africa.
Your Journey Mapped Out
- 3 Nights in Mana Pools – Zimbabwe
- 2 Nights at Lake Kariba – Zimbabwe
- 2 Nights in Hwange National Park – Zimbabwe
- 3 Nights in Victoria Falls – Zimbabwe
10 Nights – 11 Days in total
• 10 night’s accommodation
• Activities throughout the safari
• National Park entrance fees
• Charter flights & domestic airport departure taxes
• Laundry services
• Emergency medical evacuation cover included
• Meals other than specified
• Premium brand drinks
• Sightseeing and activities other than specified
• Visa fees
• Travel insurance
• International flights & airport taxes