Formerly the family home of Singita founder Luke Bailes’ grandfather, Singita Castleton is an exclusive use lodge set within 45,000 acres of private reserve.
Formerly the family home of Singita founder Luke Bailes’ grandfather, Singita Castleton is an exclusive use lodge set within 45,000 acres of private reserve. Singita Castleton consists of a main house with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people. It is steeped in history, capturing the spirit of the original Castleton house, giving the lodge a historical and comforting nature. Singita Castleton has been designed to combine the best elements of a private safari lodge with the rustic charms of a country farmhouse,
with the added benefit of extensive high-end facilities, including a vast garden, swimming pool, wine cellar, gym, tennis court and spa treatment room. Guests can relax together in the courtyard, gather around the traditional ‘boma’ or meet in the country-style kitchen, yet the individual cottages allow guests to retreat to the privacy of their own space as and when it’s needed. All of this is overlooking a waterhole where animals regularly gather to drink.
Set within 45,000 acres of private reserve, Singita Castleton consists of a main house, with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people.
|1-8 GUESTS||ADDITIONAL ADULT||ADDITIONAL CHILDREN|
1 Jan – 31 Dec
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
• Our rates are per person per night unless we note differently
• All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
• Our best rates for accommodation are available in our customized packages
• Children of all ages are welcome
• Luxurious en-suite accommodation,
• All meals
• All drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
• Land Rover safaris
• Mountain biking
• Bush walks
• Private Land Rover
• House host
• House staff
• Laundry and valet services
• Road transfers to and from Singita airstrip
• Telephone calls
• Air transfers to and from the lodge
• Spa treatments
• Certain special meal requests
• Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
• Tourism Levy of $5 per person per night entrance gate
Ebony Lodge Amenities
• Electricity/power available: 220V
• There is a swimming pool on the front lawn overlooking the Castleton dam and the open grassland.
• There is a private gym available.
• Private tennis court with tennis pavilion.
• Trampoline for children (and adults) to have fun.
• A spa treatment room and in room treatments are available for guests.
• Television with full satellite/cable with DVD player in the main house.
• Private boma with uninterrupted view of the watering hole.
• Private Land Rover with experienced field guide and tracker.
• Private staff of house manager, chef, housekeeper, guide and tracker.
• Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique is nearby.
• Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
• There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
• Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
•. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
• For the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
• Kosher and Halaal is available at Singita Castleton at an additional charge – please book in advance.
Daytime game drives and afternoon drives ending with a spot lit evening return with professional field guide and tracker in private vehicle. Walking safaris (for guests 16 and over), community visits, mountain biking (for guests 16 and over), stargazing safaris, swimming, tennis, board games, archery and croquet on the lawn. The country style kitchen is the heart of the home and guests are encouraged to take part in informal cooking/baking classes.