Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour
From the historic Company Gardens in town to the impressive display of fauna and flora in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, this is the tour for those with green fingers and a love for watching things grow. Add some wine tasting, and you’ve got a great day planned.
Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour Overview
The tour starts at the historic Company’s Gardens of Cape Town, which is where the very first planting of vines were situated in South Africa. Perhaps a good cup of coffee before heading off to the next spot, the lush Kirstenbosch Botanical garden nestled at the eastern foot of Table Mountain. When Kirstenbosch was founded in 1913 to preserve the country’s unique flora, it was the first botanical garden in the world with this ethos.
You will then head from Cape Town to Vergelegen, a wine estate that has been nominated as a World Heritage Site. It boasts 17 formal gardens that are intricately interwoven in the Cape Cultural existence.
Next you will have the opportunity to indulge in a delicious bistro lunch at Cavalli, set against the backdrop of the estate’s magnificent (and also indigenous) ‘tapestry’ of gardens designed by Keith Kirsten.
Your final stop is the Babylonstoren Garden, which was inspired by the Company’s Gardens which you visited in the morning. The garden is divided into fifteen clusters spanning vegetable areas, berries, bees, indigenous plants, ducks and chickens and includes a prickly pear maze. Finish off the whole tour with a well-deserved glass of wine.
Private Dining in the Vineyards
*Note: This activity is operated on a PRIVATE basis only.
The more people that book this tour the cheaper it becomes.
Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour Highlights
• Pick up from accommodation in and around Cape Town or The Company’s Garden of Cape Town, where some of the very first vines were planted in South Africa
• Stroll through the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, a fantastic representation of South Africa’s unique fauna and flora (including indigenous fynbos)
• Taste the award-winning wines and tour the historic Vergelegen Wine Estate and its stunning gardens
• Indulge in a delicious bistro lunch at Cavalli, set against the backdrop of the estate’s magnificent (and also indigenous) ‘tapestry’ of gardens designed by Keith Kirsten
• Wine tasting and walk through the diverse gardens at Babylonstoren, inspired by The Company’s Garden in Cape Town
• Stock up on lush, green memories of the winelands and superb wine
Organic & Biodynamic Sustainable Wine Experience
Duration: 9 hours
Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour Included:
• Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
• Private driver-guide
• 2entrance fee to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
• Entrance to Babylonstoren Garden
• 3 wine tastings
Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour Excluded: