Set amongst the iconic albida trees that characterise the area, Little Ruckomechi celebrates one of Zimbabwe’s great wilderness areas.
Little Ruckomechi Overview
A little further downstream from its sister camp, set amongst the iconic albida trees that characterise the area, Little Ruckomechi celebrates one of Zimbabwe’s great wilderness areas. This authentic, and exclusive bush camp, with its elegant en-suite tents, conveys the romance of a bygone explorer era. The stylish living spaces, including a dining room and lounge as well as a plunge pool, all look out over the great Zambezi River and the Zambian hills in the distance. The prolific and diverse wildlife is enjoyed through a variety of activities and experiences.
Little Ruckomechi Rooms
This camp can accommodate 06 guests and 02 guide/pilot/tour leaders, subject to concession numbers and/or concession availability.
03 x Tents in total comprising:
• 03 x twin-bedded canvas tents each with two three quarter beds. Plus guide/pilot/tour leader accommodation comprising:
• 01 x twin-bedded tented tent with two three quarter beds and shared en-suite facilities (of the same standard as guest tent). Number of Tents – Sole Use Rate Basis This camp can accommodate 08 guests and 0 guide/pilot/tour leaders, subject to concession numbers and/or concession availability.
04 x Tents in total comprising:
• 04 x twin-bedded canvas tents each with two three quarter beds. The guide/pilot/tour leader accommodation is converted into a fourth guest tent. E&OE Page 3 of 3 13 February 2018 Tent Description
• Canvas tented accommodation on low wooden decks, with sandy pathways linking the tents to the main areas.
• Each tent comprises en-suite facilities with double vanity basin, a writing desk and chair, electronic safe, tea and coffee making facilities (hot water will be provided in the mornings), charging station, luggage rack, and small veranda.
• No air-conditioning, however, a ceiling fan is fitted in each of the tent.
• Amenities include; bathrobes, liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, insect repellent, shower caps, vanity kit with two cotton tipped swabs and cotton balls, tissue dispenser, washing powder (for smalls), umbrella, room spray and a mosquito coil are supplied in each tent.
• During winter hot water bottles and extra blankets are provided.
|ADULT SHARING||ADULT SINGLE||CHILDREN U16|
01 May – 19 Nov
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
• Our rates are per person per night unless we note differently
• All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
• Our best rates for accommodation are available in our customized packages
Little Ruckomechi Inclusions
• All meals
• Twice daily scheduled camp activities
• Park fees
• All local drinks
Little Ruckomechi Amenities
• Liquid soap
• Shampoo and conditioner
• Body lotion
• Insect repellent
• Shower caps
• Vanity kit with
• Two cotton tipped swabs and cotton balls
• Tissue dispenser
• Washing powder (for smalls)
• Room spray
• Mosquito coil
Little Ruckomechi Facilities
• Pool in main area.
• Lounge/dining and bar areas under canvas and on a raised wooden deck overlooking the Zambezi
• Guest toilet in main area.
Little Ruckomechi Activities
Day and night drives in 05 x 7-seater open Toyota Hilux each accommodating a maximum of 07 guests allowing each guest an outside seat. Hot water bottles, blankets and lined ponchos are provided on game drives – during winter months and on early mornings.
• Private activities available on request (subject to availability and shared with Little Ruckomechi. Additional costs applicable).
• Water-based activities in 02 x 8-seater pontoon, 01 x 4-seater speed boat and 05 x 2-seater canoes (shared with Little Ruckomechi) and 01 x 9-seater (03 x bench seats) Pelican boat for transfers.
• Fishing is possible on a catch and release basis from the bank or by boat. For those guests interested in leisure fishing, we include this as a standard camp activity at no extra cost, dependent on boat availability and/or guest numbers. The camp has some basic fishing tackle available – rods/reels/line/sinkers/hooks/steel trace as well as worms – which can be used to fish for bream, barbell, and tigerfish. We do not stock any fly fishing equipment and for serious fishermen requiring sole use of a boat, per hour cost (subject to change) will be levied, payable direct. Do bear in mind however, that our priority for the camp boats is game viewing activities for our guests.
• Birding, The multiplicity of birdlife in the area includes three-banded courser, western banded snake-eagle, Arnot’s chat, greencapped eremomela, African golden oriole, Lilian’s lovebird, Böhm’s spinetail and Meve’s starling.
• Guided nature walks.
• Star bed at Parachute Pan (weather permitting). Parachute Pan is a large natural pan on the edge of the Zambezi floodplain approximately 400 metres from camp. Sleep-outs for a maximum of two guests are possible. The platform is equipped with a mosquito net and 2 x three-quarter beds which can be set up as 1 x king-size bed or 2 x three quarter beds. Guests are accompanied by a guide who sleeps in a tent nearby. In addition camp can arrange breakfast or dinner at the platform.
• Stargazing with a laser pointer.
• River cruise (usually sunset cruise). Cruises down this stretch of the Zambezi River are in nine-seater pontoons or in a sixseater speed boat. Canoes are a more adventurous option to see the large numbers of waterbirds and other wildlife that are attracted to the river and seasonal pans.