Resting lightly upon the ground within a 33,000 acre, private concession in the Kruger National Park, Singita Sweni Lodge is nestled beautifully amongst hundreds of trees at the edge of the Sweni River.
Sweni Lodge Overview
Singita Sweni Lodge – currently being reinvented. Reopening end June 2017.
Resting lightly upon the ground within a 33,000 acre, private concession in the Kruger National Park, Singita Sweni Lodge is nestled beautifully amongst hundreds of trees at the edge of the Sweni River. In this tranquil, intimate hideaway, the decks of the lodge seem to hover in the branches, while inside, rich calming colours and textures echo the hues of the natural surroundings. With its proximity to the river, guests at Singita Sweni Lodge are treated to up-close sightings of the incredible number of animals and birds that wander down to drink or wallow in the river.
Sweni Lodge Rooms
An intimate hideaway hosting 6 suites; with decks that seem to hover in the branches and interiors that echo the hues of the natural surroundings.
Idyllic proximity to the river offers up-close bird watching and unhindered sightings of the incredible number of animals that wander down to drink or wallow in the water. Dressed in earthy chocolate and calming pistachio shades that echo the deep, dark hues of the riverine forest, the suites are svelte wood and glass boxes designed to float above the river.
Each tree house is connected to the other via elevated wooden walkways that are nestled in the branches of the surrounding trees. Living spaces are conducive to open-air living with floor-to-ceiling glass walls, timber decks for private dining and a magical outdoor shower and star bed for intimate ‘camp-outs’.
|ADULT SHARING (1-8 Guests)||ADULT SINGLE (Additional Adult)||CHILDREN (Additional Children)|
1 Jan – 31 Dec
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
• Our rates are per person per night unless we note differently
• All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
• Our best rates for accommodation are available in our customized packages
• Children of all ages are welcome
Sweni Lodge Inclusions
• Luxurious en-suite accommodation
• All meals
• All drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
• Land Rover safaris
• Mountain biking
• Bush walks
• Laundry and valet services
• Road transfers to and from Singita airstrip
Sweni Lodge Exclusions
• Telephone calls
• Air transfers to and from the lodge
• Spa treatments
• Use of a private Land Rover
• Certain special meal requests
• Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
• Tourism Levy of $5 per person per night entrance gate
Sweni Lodge Amenities
• Electricity/power available: 220V
Sweni Lodge Facilities
• There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
Spa and gym facilities are available.
• The Singita Boutique & Gallery
• There is a television at the Singita Boutique & Gallery.
• Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
• There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
• Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
• Children of all ages are welcome. There are baby- sitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
• In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Sweni Lodge Activities
Daytime game drives and spot lit night drives with professional guides. All the safaris at Singita Kruger National Park are conducted in Land Rovers with a maximum of six guests per vehicle. However, should you wish complete privacy, you may hire a private vehicle on this basis. Sole use of a Land Rover should be reserved well in advance and is subject to availability. Prices are available upon request. Walking safaris, visits to the Singita School of Cooking in the staff village, mountain biking, stargazing safaris and archery