Wildlife Safari & Wine Tasting
If you’re looking for a uniquely South African experience then this is it. On this tour you experience what it’s like to actually pet and hold some of the animals only found in Africa. It’s a truly remarkable feeling and one that is not quickly forgotten. You’ll also taste the world-class wine made on the estates after each animal encounter.
Wildlife Safari & Wine Tasting Overview
Start your day with a wildlife safari at Villiera, a wine estate known for their commitment to preserving the environment and the animals in it. The abundance of wildlife on the estate is testament to their constant efforts and means you will be exposed to beautiful animals like giraffe, zebra, springbok, eland and kudu to name but a few. Your safari will be followed by a tasting of the superb Methode Cap Classique (sparkling wine or MCC) for which Villiera is renowned. A fine wine tasting safari experience enjoyed by many locals and travellers alike.
After your MCC tasting you will be taken to the Eagle Encounters rehabilitation and conservation centre on the Spier wine estate where you’ll get up close and personal with rare and endangered birds of prey. If you’re lucky you’ll get to hold an eagle or an owl in the touching gallery, or you can take part in a breath-taking falconry display, with kites, buzzards, owls and other birds swooping around you. There’s much more to the centre than just birds though – you can also hang out with Sonic the porcupine and Drogon the bearded dragon. Spier is also celebrated for the world-class wine produced on the estate. Spend some time sniffing and swirling your way through the Spier range and perhaps walk away with a bottle or two.
If you can tear yourself away from your new feathered (and spiked and horned and scaled) friends, it’s time to head to Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm for a truly South African safari wine tour.
At Le Bonheur you’ll witness these prehistoric reptilian beasts in all their scaly glory. You’ll also be tasked with holding one of mama crocs little guys…a truly unique African safari wine tour experience.
*Note: This activity is operated on a PRIVATE basis only.
The more people that book this tour the cheaper it becomes.
Wildlife Safari & Wine Tasting Highlights
• Enjoy a two hour Safari game drive at the Villiera Nature Sanctuary to see giraffes, zebra, wildebeest, and more
• Taste a superb variety of MCCs (sparkling wine) at the Villiera Estate
• Get face to beak with exotic birds and other wildlife at Eagle Encounters, a rehabilitation
and conservation centre situated on the picturesque estate
• Taste wine overlooking the estate pond as your kids get their own juice tasting Rub scales with crocodiles at a local crocodile farm
Wildlife Safari & Wine Tasting
Duration: 9 hours
Wildlife Safari & Wine Tasting Included:
• Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
• Private guide
• 2-hour safari game drive
• Entrance fee to Eagle Encounters Wildlife Sanctuary
• Entrance fee to a crocodile farm
• 2 wine tastings for adults
• 1 juice tasting for kids137
Wildlife Safari & Wine Tasting Excluded: